1. Complete the Online Coaching Application
- If your child has played hockey with MMHA in the past, or another sport that uses the RAMP Registration System, login with your existing username/password and select Coach/Staff Registration on the left hand menu and proceed.
- If you cannot remember your username, please do not create a new account. Contact the registrar for assistance.
- If you do not have an existing RAMP account, create a new account.
2. Complete the online Respect In Sport Activity Leader Program if you have not yet already done so.
- The course is $30.00 and approx. 120-150 minutes. Users can stop at the end of any module and continue later.
- Renewal will be required for the 2018/2019 season for anyone who completed it prior to 2015/2016. The Hockey Alberta System will notify you via email if yours needs to be renewed.
3. Submit Vulnerable Sector Check
- Vulnerable Sector Checks must be submitted via email or in person to the registrar by August 15. If you submit a coaching application and have handed one in already, the registrar will contact you and let you know if it is still valid or if a new one is required.
4. General & Certification/Clinic Information
Click the links below to view:
- MMHA recommends all coaching staff take at least 1 coaching clinic every year they are involved in Coaching.
- MMHA will only accept Head Coach applications from those who hold the required certifications needed for the level they are applying for.
Coaching application deadline is August 15.
Please contact the registrar if you have questions or need assistance.
Coaches must be completely certified by October 31 of the current year, or earlier depending on when League games begin for that season.